Food & Wine
Zesty pork fillet with lentil salad
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 35 min
* 1 Eskort Zesty Citrus Pork Fillet
* 300g butternut, peeled, cut into cubes
* 1 red onion, cut into wedges
* 2 cloves garlic, whole
* 80ml olive oil
* ground black pepper
*500g green lentils or split green peas
* 1 bay leaf
* 60ml red wine vinegar
* 15ml Dijon mustard
* 200g baby spinach, stems removed
* 100g pecans, coarsely chopped
* 100g sultanas
* fresh Italian parsley, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place butternut, onion wedges and garlic on an oven tray, season with salt and pepper and drizzle generously with olive oil, toss to make sure all ingredients are well combined.
- Spread ingredients out in a single layer then place in the oven to roast until tender and just caramelised (about 20 – 30 minutes).
- Cook Zesty Citrus Pork Fillet according to package instructions. For this meal, we suggest braaiing your pork fillet.
- In the meantime, put lentils and bay leaf into a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer, leave to simmer until tender (15 – 20 minutes).
- Drain lentils and remove bay leaf.
- Put lentils back into saucepan and season with salt and pepper, mix well and set aside (keep warm).
- Remove veggies from oven, take garlic out and mash with a fork, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 60 ml of olive oil, the red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, smashed garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the lentils and spinach to the dressing and toss.
- Add the vegetables, pecan nuts and raisins and toss them through the salad.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm with sliced Zesty Citrus Pork Fillet.