Food & Wine
Slow cooker chicken thighs
* 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
* 6 bone-in or boneless chicken thighs
* Kosher salt
* Freshly ground black pepper
* 1/2 c. low-sodium soy sauce
* 1/2 c. ketchup
* 1/4 c. honey
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/2 oz. freshly chopped ginger
* 2 tbsp. sriracha
* Juice of 1 lime
* Cooked rice, for serving
* Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
1 -In a cast-iron skillet, over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and sear until golden, 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken thighs to slow cooker.
2 – Whisk together soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, ginger, Sriracha, and lime juice. Pour sauce over chicken and toss to combine.
3 – Cover and cook until no longer pink, on low for 6 hours or high for 2 hours. Serve with rice and garnish with cilantro.