Food & Wine
Pumpkin, bacon and tomato salad
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
- 200g Eskort Rindless Streaky Bacon
- 1kg pumpkin, peeled and cut into cubes
- 30ml olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 50g fresh rocket
- 60g sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 60ml double thick plain yoghurt
- 5ml lemon juice
- 1/2 lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl toss together the pumpkin cubes with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour out onto a baking tray in a single layer, place in oven and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan and fry bacon until crispy, remove from heat, allow to cool and break into pieces.
- Remove pumpkin from oven and allow to cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the roast pumpkin, fried bacon, feta, rocket and sundried tomatoes.
- Toss salad well to combine.
- Mix yoghurt together with lemon juice and zest and serve with salad as a dressing.