Food & Wine
Lunch box inspiration to kick start the year
Makes approximately 8-10
- 10 rashers of bacon (optional)
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup of milk
- Your preferred filling – grated cheese, herbs, spinach, sliced or cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, asparagus or cooked sweet potato,
- Salt and pepper to taste
Suitable for freezing.
Grease a muffin tin well with butter. Preheat the oven to 175° C. Beat the eggs and milk in a measuring jug. If using bacon, wrap it inside the muffin tray to provide a casing. Divide the egg mixture equally between the muffin cups. Add your preferred filling. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until crisp and golden. Leave to cool slightly before removing from the baking tin.
- Make a double batch to make enough to pack in lunchboxes.
- Get the kids involved, this is a fun recipe for them to make.
- Omit the bacon and make plain egg muffins with cheese and vegetables of your choice.
- Swap the bacon for prosciutto or ham slices.