Health and Beauty
New Year, new you
2018 is here so why not make a fresh start towards a healthier, happier you?
Some people really want to make positive changes and while their desire to do so is immense, these changes either just never take place or do not last long if implemented.
Start small and make further adjustments to your lifestyle as time goes on.
Below are some tips:
* Exercise to keep fit. Not everyone likes breaking a sweat. Be it regular walks or a relaxed cycle around the block, swimming, exercise in front of the television or taking the stairs instead of lifts, some daily exercise is better than nothing at all. Start small and gradually increase your time spent exercising.
* Smoking not only affects your health but that of others around you as well. Quit smoking.
* Make better food choices. Eat more fruits and vegetables and reduce salt, sugar and fatty food intake. Also remember to cut down on portion sizes.
* Reduce alcohol intake. If you are consuming excessive amounts of alcohol, seek help.
* Your emotional well-being is just as important as your physical well-being. Talk to close family or friends and seek the help of a professional if you are depressed.
* Reduce stress and exhaustion. Remember that all work and no “play” can be detrimental to your health. Get enough sleep and rest, take some time off and get involved in fun activities, sport or a hobby.
* Visits to a medical professional are important. Regular health exams and tests are vital as chances of treatment or cure are better in most cases if illnesses are detected early.
* Drugs impact negatively on your health and well-being and could lead to death. Do not use drugs.
* Believe in yourself and surround yourself with positive people.
* Family time is extremely important. Spend time together. Listening, being there for each other, a simple “how was your day or do you need help with anything like homework” for example makes for a happier family. Do fun things and have dinner together.