Spoil the women in your life this National Women’s Day
Wednesday, August 9, is National Women’s Day. This public holiday is celebrated to honour the women who marched to the Union Building in Pretoria in 1956, to protest against the county’s pass laws.
In order to celebrate National Women’s Day this year, why not show the special women in your life (whether it be your wife or significant other, daughter or mom), just how much they mean to you.
Here are some ideas of how you can make these remarkable women feel special:
* Plan a spa day. Treat your lady to a day full of massages, manicures and pedicures, and indulging in the spectacular spa facilities. You could even go together and enjoy a couple’s treatment.
* Plan an afternoon picnic. There are some beautiful parks and nature reserves dotted around Ekurhuleni so why not make the most of them. Grab a blanket and pack a picnic basket with some of her favourite snacks and enjoy a quiet and relaxing day, surrounded by nature.
* Plan a romantic dinner. Treat the woman in your life to a romantic meal on National Women’s Day. Be sure to pre-book the restaurant though, as there might be others with the same idea. If you don’t feel like going out, you can always stay home and cook her favourite meal while she sits with her feet up.
* Take her shopping. No, this is not playing on the age-old stereotype. However, the women in your life deserve to be spoiled. So take her to her favourite shopping destination and buy her a small present such as perfume, clothes, jewelry, books or even some DVDs.
* Buy her flowers. Most women love to be surprised with a bunch of flowers, no matter what the occasion. Make it extra special by putting together a bouquet of her favourite flowers.
Remember, you don’t have to move mountains or go into debt in order to show the women in your life how much you appreciate them. Small gestures like breakfast in bed or helping them around the house also go a long way.