Bestselling Author Coming to South Africa
International phenomenon Lesley Pearse is coming to South Africa in May. Penguin Random House is pleased to host Lesley at a number of events around the country.
* Wednesday, May 10, 6pm for 6.30pm – “A Literary Dinner,” a superb fine dining experience with Writer’s Write at Ten Bompas Hotel. Tickets and further information is available HERE.
* Thursday, May 11, 8.30am for 9am – “Bubbles, Breakfast and Books” at Social Kitchen and Bar, Exclusive Books Hyde Park. Lesley will be in conversation with Michele Magwood from the Sunday Times. Tickets are available HERE.
* Thursday, May 11, 6.30pm for 7pm Author Q+A event at Skoobs Theatre of Books Montecasino. Free event. Tickets and further information is available HERE.
* Saturday, May 13, 9.30am to 10.15am – “A Fine Romancer” panel at Kingsmead Book Fair.
* Saturday, May 13, 3pm to 3.45pm – “The Heart of the Matter” panel at Kingsmead Book Fair. Tickets and further information about the festival is available HERE.
About Lesley Pearse
Lesley Pearse is one of the UK’s best-loved novelists with fans across the globe and sales of over 10 million copies of her books to date. A true storyteller and a master of gripping storylines that keep the reader hooked from beginning to end, Lesley introduces you to characters who are impossible not to care about or forget. Truth is often stranger than fiction and Lesley’s life has been as packed with drama as her books. She was three when her mother died under tragic circumstances. Her father was away at sea and it was only when a neighbour saw Lesley and her brother playing outside without coats on that suspicion was aroused. With her father in the Royal Marines, Lesley and her older brother spent three years in grim orphanages before her father remarried – an ex-army nurse – and Lesley and her older brother were brought home again, to be joined by two other children who were later adopted by her father and stepmother.
The impact of constant change and uncertainty in Lesley’s early years is reflected in one of the recurring themes in her books: what happens to those who are emotionally damaged as children. It was an extraordinary childhood and in all her books, Lesley has skilfully married the pain and unhappiness of her early experiences with a unique gift for storytelling. Lesley’s most recent novels include Dead to Me, Without a Trace, Survivor, Forgive Me and The Promise.
To find out more about Lesley, please visit www.lesleypearse.com.